ntpq mrulist bug

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 00:16:08 UTC 2019

On 11/20/19 5:44 PM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> Part of the problem is that there is a lot of cruft in that area.  For
> example, grep for CERR_
> There is a clump of signals defined as part of a ControlSession, none are ever
> raised, a few are caught.  Looks like somebody decided to rename things to
> SERR and never got around to finishing the cleanup.
>
> There is another case were stuff is returned a couple of layers, but then
> never used used.

I'm not overly familiar with this code; even when I refactored some of
it a couple years ago I didn't understand all of the code.

I *do* remember it looking quite ugly however.

>> Please file an issue and assign it to Ian Breune; he's the maintainer for the
>> Python parts.  I'll step in if he needs help.
> I filed one ages ago.  It's #547.  Looks like Ian is already the maintainer.
>
> Ian: Poke me off list if you need help.  I have an annoyingly reproducible
> test case.

If you have a way to reproduce this that would be helpful. I had no way
to do so 9 months ago.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb