1.1.6 build fails on FC30

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Nov 3 12:10:24 UTC 2019

Udo van den Heuvel via devel writes:
> On 03-11-2019 12:35, ASSI via devel wrote:
>> Udo van den Heuvel via devel writes:
>>> yet:
>>>
>>> # grep PPS .config
>>> CONFIG_PPS=y
>>> # CONFIG_PPS_DEBUG is not set
>>> CONFIG_NTP_PPS=y
>>
>> If you really wanted to enable hardpps, then you _must_ disable NOHZ in
>> the kernel config and let ntpd know (via flag3) that the kernel PLL is
>> active.  Otherwise, disable that option.
>
> We do have continuous timer ticks enabled.

That doesn't matter AFAIK.  The incompatibility is already introduced by

CONFIG_NO_HZ_COMMON=y

based on the comments in the source.  Again, if you don#t actually use
hardpps (and if this is the same Ryzen system you've had the timer
trouble on) it would be much more likely to work if you didn't configure
NTP_PPS and left the timer selection at the automoatic choice TSC
instead of forcing HPET.

> We do run a 250HZ configuration.

I'm pretty sure that hardpps was never thotoughly tested with HZ that
high, but as I said above I'd start from a baseline that's closer to the
standard for your system (or maybe even just the kernel that FC30 ships
with).

Regards,
Achim.