Fw: [Ntp] NTS Hackathon coordination

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Mar 28 19:32:45 UTC 2019

Yo Hall!

This server is back up:

    nts-test.strangled.net:443

I get cookies, but can't connect.  Not sure which end the problem is
on...

See below.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:31:28 -0700
From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem at rellim.com>
To: "ntp at ietf.org" <ntp at ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ntp] NTS Hackathon coordination

Yo Miroslav!

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:45:08 +0100
Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar at redhat.com> wrote:

> >     nts-test.strangled.net:443

> Good idea. I wasn't expecting people to be using my server after the
> hackathlon. I've moved it to another machine and it should be running
> again. This time it uses a non-standard NTP port, which should be
> negotiated over NTS-KE. NTS-KE is still on port 443. Let me know if
> there are any issues.

I'm getting cookies, but not completing the NTPD connection.  The
problem could be on the NTPsec end.

> Wasn't there a suggestion to create a mailing list specific to NTS
> hacking?

I would hope we just get this nailed down soon so that is not needed...