Port assignment

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Mar 24 06:05:16 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 22:58:08 -0700
Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> zoo.weinigel.se:4447 works
> I think it's using the default port 123 since I don't see a message
> announcing a different port.

Yes, that was the point.  So we could check the rest of the
protocol.

> zoo.weinigel.se:4446 gets through NTS-KE but no response to NTP

I tried this:

server -4 zoo.weinigel.se:4126 nts maxpoll 2

Also not working.

> nts-test.strangled.net:443 gets through NTS-KE, but no response to NTP

I had the same problem, just change this

ntpd/nts_client.c:  const char *label = "EXPORTER-nts/1";

To this:

ntpd/nts_client.c:  char *label = "EXPORTER-network-time-security/1";

Then it worked for me.