Old OpenSSL

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Mar 23 21:15:05 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:22:41 -0700
Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> > I'm even happier if waf autodetects too old openssl.  We can't just
> > support the latest/coolest/shiniest
>
> It works with all the old systems I have access to.  That includes
> some that are older than yours.  (where age == version number rather
> than calendar)
>
> I don't have access to Solaris or Mac.
>
> There are a few #ifdef-s in the code.  If we find a setup where we
> can't make it work, then we can work on autodetecting that case.

Matt Selksy has identified, and has potential fixes, for link order
issues.  He has an MR that almost works for me, just failing here:

[263/268] Processing build/main/tests/pylib/test_statfiles.py
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(ssl_ciph.o): In function `load_builtin_compressions':
ssl_ciph.c:(.text+0xfe): undefined reference to `COMP_zlib'
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(ssl_ciph.o): In function `ssl_cipher_get_evp':
ssl_ciph.c:(.text+0xf11): undefined reference to `EVP_enc_null'
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(ssl_ciph.o): In function `SSL_COMP_get_compression_methods':
ssl_ciph.c:(.text+0x26ab): undefined reference to `COMP_zlib'