NTS update

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Mar 22 22:07:15 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 14:14:19 -0700
Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> > Looking at this again, when kong connects to pi3, there is no
> > duplicate connection.
>
> Then where did that skipping come from?  Either there is some other
> server slot that has that IP Address, or the NTS path ran previously
> and filled it in but something didn't take.  The retry path does
> happen, but I think it clears out the old IP Address.

No idea...

> Try grepping the log files for that IP address.

Already did.  No duplicates.  Easy to do as I only need two minutes
of uptime to see the issue.

I can make the logs available online if you wish.

> > But, I still want that option.
>
> You aren't going to get it in the short term.  I'm focused on things
> that might be useful for the weekend hackathon.

Fair enough.  My 4 servers are listed on the hackathon page, with your
code of course.  No other servers yet.

> In the long term...  When a packet comes in, it does a hash lookup.
> We'd need to add the NTS bit (and shared key number?) to that
> hashing.  I think everything else just works from there.

What ever works.  I can live without it.  I just connect to two
different IPs on the chimer.  One IPv4 and nts, the other IPv6 and
no nts.  Hopefully a reverse dns name clash is OK.