NTS update

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Mar 21 20:23:53 UTC 2019

>> No, it's the far end IP address and the local interface you use to
>> get there.
> Look again:
> 2019-03-20T18:11:14 ntpd[3117]: NTSs: TCP accept-ed from [2001:470:e815::%3=
> =3D 589492224]:50860

> What IPv6 address do you think that is?

Maybe it's truncated?

I haven't figured out what's going on in this area.  The IPv4 stuff looks
reasonable.  The printout is in libntp.  I don't know how well tested that is.
 There may be a copy that isn't long enough for IPv6 addresses.  I'll go scan
the NTS code.

Beware, there are a lot of bad-guys out there poking around.  You will get
crap in your log files.  Grep your log files for "failed".  I haven't seen any
IPv6 examples yet.

If you want a sensible example to check, best to find the log entry from when
one of your other systems connected.

[=3D crap]
> Ah, right.  See attached.

It was a big/long gpsd log file.  Was there something in particular I was
supposed to look for?