NTS update

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Mar 21 01:18:37 UTC 2019

> I added nts-ke to: pi3.rellim.com, see how that works for you.

Works.

[-4, -6]
> Ah, there it is right on the man page.  I can't try it until the crash bug is
> gone.

It doesn't work yet.  That's why I needed testers.  Thanks for finding it.

> Odd, I tried it yet again, and this time it works.

The msyslog code is not thread safe.

> I have 3 NTS-KE working now.  There is extra jitter, and the clients refuse
> to lock onto the NTS-KE servers.  They are rejected from the main cluster.
> Maybe it will settle down, time will tell.

We've added a big chunk of code between when the time-stamp is collected and
when the packet hits the wire.  But both ends do it, so it mostly cancels out.
 Less so if the CPU speeds differ.