Upcoming GPS rollover

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Mar 11 09:06:48 UTC 2019

GPSes will roll over to their third era on April 6th.

Those of us with constellations of test GPSes will need to take time
to audit how much of our kit has gone toes-up.  Maybe none of it
immedately, as manufacturers tend to pivod on their firmware release
date, but we'll need to check.

Plan ahead: probably best to make sure you have nothing urgent
scheduled for the 6th and 7th. I'll ship a reminder just before the event.

The men and women who founded our country knew, by experience, that there
are times when the free person's answer to oppressive government has to be
delivered with a bullet.  Thus, the right to bear arms is not just *a*
freedom; it's the mother of all freedoms.  Don't let them disarm you!