NTS: config and initialization

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 9 02:50:11 UTC 2019

man trust may  be interesting.

> Is /etc/ssl/certs somewhat standard?  at least for the root certs?

That's where they are on Debian - lots of stuff.
It looks like the directory format that libssl is expecting - a hash links to
a sensible name.  Example:
  67495436.0 -> thawte_Primary_Root_CA_-_G3.pem

On Fedora, it's a symlink to ../pki/tls/certs
I haven't sorted out what's there.
My notes say to add things to /usr/share/pki/ca-trust-source/anchors/

I haven't found them on NetBSD - no /etc/ssl/ at all, so maybe the basic
package doesn't have any certs and I haven't installed the right package yet.

FreeBSD has a symlink to /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt
more says:
##
##  ca-root-nss.crt -- Bundle of CA Root Certificates
##
##  This is a bundle of X.509 certificates of public Certificate
##  Authorities (CA). These were automatically extracted from Mozilla's
##  root CA list (the file `certdata.txt').
##
##  Extracted from nss-3.41
##  with $FreeBSD: branches/2018Q4/security/ca_root_nss/files/MAca-bundle.pl.in
 325572 2013-08-29 08:10:09Z mandree $
##
##  Untrusted certificates omitted from this bundle: 2