REFCLOCK rises again

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Thu Mar 7 18:38:48 UTC 2019

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> Achim said:
>> In a nutshell, SIGHUP is already taken, but USR1 and USR2 are still
>> available.  Thte idea is that one of these does the equivalent of
>> re-configuring via ntpq or a restart without loss of internal state (as far
>> as possible).
>
> USR1 and USR2 are already used to bump the debug level up/down.

So keep the signal for level bump up and use the other signal to restart with the
current config, which will bump it back to the default, then?

> SIGHUP can be used.  It already reloads the leap file (if changed) and
> reopens the log file (if changed).  Reloading the config file seems
> like a good fit.

If that's the only thing it does, then yes.

One problem that just occured to me is that any actual restart will have to be
done with dropped privileges already.  The PID shouldn't change during
restart anyway, so maybe that's taken care of already.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: