REFCLOCK rises again

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Wed Mar 6 18:15:04 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> This is so obviously the right thing that I'd like you to start an RFE
> on the tracker about it.  I'll treat implementation of that feature
> as a prerequisite for removing ntpq :config.

This is my periodic reminder that your tracker requires setting up an
account, so I'll pass.  However, I see that at least two other people
like the idea and have hope that one of them will enter it anyway.

In a nutshell, SIGHUP is already taken, but USR1 and USR2 are still
available.  Thte idea is that one of these does the equivalent of
re-configuring via ntpq or a restart without loss of internal state (as
far as possible).

Regards,
Achim.