What's left to doo on NTS

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Mar 5 18:40:19 UTC 2019

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> Gary said:
>>> I would assume that critical infrastructure would be run in a less
>>> insecure environment.
>> Bad assumption.  Just look at any data center.  There is no way to secure
>> customer machines.  Unless you get rid of the customers.
>
> Right.  But why would you run your NTS-KE server on a customer machine?

How'd you get to that question?  ANyway, there is no way of stopping
customers to run their own NTS-KE if they want.  The point is that the
datacenter will offer some standard facility to synchronize time among
all its users.  One of the ways to do that would be to have a single
NTS-KE that doles out topologically close NTS to the clients.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: