SO_TIMESTAMP may go away

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 4 10:52:44 UTC 2019

esr at thyrsus.com said:
>> You need it to verify that you don't need it.
> Interesting point.  How do you account for the fact that nobody noticed when
> it was accidentally disabled for six months, though?  Definitely the kind of
> thing I'd expect either you or Gary to pick up on, if it made an actual
> difference.

A combination of things.

It's not a big deal.

We aren't running the sort of load that would make it stand out.

There are a zillion things to look at.  I burned out a while ago and haven't
looked at any of the data my systems are collecting for a while.

---------

I think I'll take a break from NTS and go add a log file for this sort of
thing.  I want a place for the time spent in auth code.