REFCLOCK rises again

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 22:47:05 UTC 2019

On 3/2/19 9:42 AM, Eric S. Raymond via devel wrote:
> REFCLOCKD benefits way down, cost almost unchanged. Every time I model
> this in my head the same answer comes out: bad idea.  I think we have
> better complexity-reduction attacks available, like translating the
> whole thing to Go to get rid of a lot of the resource-management hair
> in the C code. But maybe you can change my mind?

The Go translation has by far the best chance of getting someone
familiar enough with that seam to be able to the come back after the
translation and fix it. After fixing the separation cost will drop.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb