What's left to doo on NTS.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Mar 3 15:11:50 UTC 2019

> > Let me take a different tack: can we move the aut computation off path?
>
> Nope.  The auth includes the whole packet.  Can't do the auth until you know
> the time that you are going to put in the packet.

I was expecting that answer, but the question hd to be asked.

> We can measure how long it takes and advance the time to compensate.

Is this going to look any different from the effects of network weather
to the client on the other end?  Because if not, it's probably not worth
adding the complexity - hard to imagine any scenario where the computation lag
isn't an order of magnitude or more smaller than the network latency variation.