Units foo-up

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Mar 2 17:46:43 UTC 2019

I wrote:
>Though its internal complexity remains high, ntpd is really quite small
>now.  A binary with all refclocks in is 1.4GB.  Which might sound like
>a lot, but vi is 2.7GB, Emacs is 16GB, and those are both skinny compared
>to more modern programs with heavy GUIs.

Jason Azze correctly pointed out that I had GB where it should have
been MB.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may
be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons
than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may
sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those
who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they
do so with the approval of their consciences.
	-- C. S. Lewis