What's left to doo on NTS.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 2 02:05:21 UTC 2019

Eric said:
>> I've been collecting major items in devel/TODO-NTS
> Is there some reason this isn't just a section in nts.adoc?  (Which may need
> some GC at this point.) The whole idea of that document was to be a planning
> whiteboard.

Only signal to noise.  I was trying to capture the big ideas without getting
bogged down in details.

----------

My big concern is that nobody else seems to be testing it.  There may be
dragons that I haven't poked.

> Remember, I'm trying to get away from configure-time options.

There is a fundamental conflict between ease of use, ease of debugging, and
good security.  I don't know how to resolve that.  Mostly, I was trying to
raise the issue.  Configure-time issues are just a detail.

For Go, can we build 2 versions by linking in different modules?

Has anybody looked at our configure time options?  How many of them make sense
in the context of Go?  (ignore refclocks)