Anybody know anything about Windows?

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Jun 30 19:10:38 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> I'm going by the frequency of Cygwin-specific shims I've seen, and had
> to maintain, in GPSD.

…a platform that you officially do not support but it looks like you may
have, in the past.  That must have been years, if not decades ago.
There's only three instances of Cygwin-specific code in the current gpsd
repository.  The first one is in SConstruct; whatever it's doing is
questionable since it will probably make stuff inaccessible that you
would actually want to know about, but whatever (as the platform you
disable are not supported anyway).  The other two instances are both
about cfmakeraw missing (a BSD function, not POSIX), which actually is
implemented in Cygwin since September 2008.  Also, if anything it
shouldn't be conditional on the platform but rather a feature test for
cfmakeraw.

Regards,
Achim.