NTS AEEF extension confusion

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 20:42:48 UTC 2019

While working on the NTS test code I have reached a point where I know
that I am misunderstanding *something*, but do now know what.

According to the RFC the AEEF "ciphertext" field looks like it is a
generally usable data blob for extension data. Variable size, no
specific data, etc.

According to the code the AEEF "CMAC" field which is in the same spot
looks like a fixed length data blob with a very specific meaning.

These do not match up, and I do not know what I am missing.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb