Problems with NTS support

Watson Ladd watsonbladd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 03:42:17 UTC 2019

Someone more experienced in the art of BSD could maybe reduce this.

I installed openssl1.1.1c from ports, then bison, which plunged me
into the complexities of getting perl working.

Python required setting up the python metaport.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:30 PM Gary E. Miller via devel
<devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Yo Watson!
>
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 20:23:29 -0700
> Watson Ladd <watsonbladd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 6:42 PM Gary E. Miller via devel
> > <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yo Watson!

> > > Nope.  I just tested it.  Not required.
> >
> > Ah I figured it out. server hostname nts just works.
>
> Good.
>
> > I wonder why it didn't work on the other system. Will leave as
> > mystery.
>
> I hate mysteries...
>
> > And there is interop both ways.
>
> Good.
>
> > Plus the build on freeBSD is
> > pretty painless once dependencies are installed.
>
> While it is fresh in your mind, if you can send me that dependency list
> I'll add it to the doc.
>
> > And openssl 1.1.1c Just Works with it.
>
> Good.
>
> > Thanks for all your help in this process. It's been a long slog since
> > Prague.
>
> No rest for the wiked.  :-)
>

> RGDS
> GARY

"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains".
--Rousseau.