NTS and TLS

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Jun 13 21:23:18 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 13:53:37 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> > I'm inclined to ignore TLS 1.3 until the openssl 1.1.1 bugs are
> > worked out.
>
> I've forgotten that stuff.  What is/was the problem?  OpenSSL is up
> to 1.1.1c I have a vague memory of 1.1.1a fixing something we were
> interested in.

Gentoo, and others, will not update to 1.1.1 in unstable until most of
the important legacy software works with 1.1.1.

Gentoo stable is still on 1.0.2r

Here is the Gentoo tracker for 1.1.1 issues:

    https://bugs.gentoo.org/684590

Looks like most of them are cleared, but maybe a couple dozen left to fix.