Anybody know anything about Windows?

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Jul 8 19:08:48 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> I'd love to remove those shims. But AFIK we don't have anyone testing
> on Cygwin.  Can you?

Doesn't compile even after removing the shims.

SCons unconditionally looks for winsock2, even after already having
found the correct network headers for POSIX systems.  Once I've removed
that, it's falling over the fact that it tries to use daemon(), but
__BSD_VISIBLE (or the corresponding XSI_LEVEL) isn't defined.  Also one
of the linker commands gets tangled up in missing Python symbols, which
probably means that the order of libraries on the linker line is wrong.

Regards,
Achim.