NTP - big picture

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Jan 31 23:48:43 UTC 2019

On 1/31/19 5:38 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> Does openssl 1.1.1 support Go?  That is a Cisco requirement.

More generally, is Cisco okay with Go?

They might, for example, be embedding ntpd into their routers and not be
okay with a move to Go. To be clear, I don't know that they are or
aren't embedding ntpd / okay with Go. I'm just asking because it'd be a
big waste to move from C to Go only to find out that Cisco is not okay
with that.

Personally, though, I'm skeptical of the idea to replace Python with Go.
I do get the rationale for replacing C with Go.

--
Richard