Python module mismatch.

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:57:15 UTC 2019

On 1/30/19, Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Gary said:
>> Great, the python library mismatch code works:
>>     Library/Binary version mismatch
>>     Binary: ntpsec-1.1.3+ 2019-01-30T21:25:37Z (git rev ab0ea27cf)
>>     Library: ntpsec-1.1.3+ 2019-01-30T21:20:27Z (git rev ab0ea27cf)
>
> What did you do to get that?
>
> The version strings come from waf configure.  Right?  So you did something
> more complicated than a simple edit/build/test, or edit/build/install/test.
>
> Maybe you are trying to switch between python2 and python3 when running
> installed code?  I think that takes separate configures to make the
> libraries which means only one will pass the version check.

as of commit 88430fb7d1 "raise SystemExit(1) on version mismatch" this
is what happens when you have multiple versions of pylib/ installed
and only one version of ntpclients/. There are (I think) three ways to
solve this. One is to shim the build version. The second is to use
something like python exec and install multiple version of
ntpclients/. third would be to change the behavior of the killswitch.