'AnsiTerm' object has no attribute 'buffer'

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Jan 30 21:29:21 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:52:13 -0800
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> >> Also, Python 3.6.7 on FreeBSD
> > Context?  Is that a pass or a fail?
>
> Fail.  Somebody was looking for a test case.

Good, more data points.

> It (and the previous one on NetBSD) both work from my normal script
> which tee-s the output to a log file.  Both fail when ssh-ed to that
> box and run ./waf without the tee.

Interesting.  When I use python 2.7.15 on Gentoo Stable, I can use waf
with no issues.  Over ssh.  I tried a tee, still worked:

# ./waf |& tee tmp.log

With Python 3.6.5, same host, it fails plain ./waf

Until I add NOSYNC, then it works again:

# NOSYNC=1 ./waf

and

# NOSYNC=1 ./waf | tee tmp.log