'AnsiTerm' object has no attribute 'buffer'

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Jan 30 20:45:11 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 22:13:33 -0800
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> Gary said:
> >> https://secure-web.cisco.com/...
> > That is NOT the link I sent!  Someone's email is messing with links!
> > Why would something called "secure-web" be doing non-secure
> > things???
>
> It's not uncommon for malware/spam filters to do things like that.
> They don't touch the links unless/until you try to open them.

Or forward them, or cite them.

Not good when the 'helpful' people start using phishing tricks.  This
trains people into thinking this is normal, subverting security.

I'm also guessing it violates EU tracking laws.

> It gets around various problems that happen if you try to inspect
> links when the mail arrives.

Maybe you meant creates various problems?  My spam filters often
put email where the text of a URL does not match the content of the
URL directly, automagically, into the spam bucket.  I try to train
my users to do the same.  Too much phishing to allow this sort of thing.