ntp.conf changes for NTS

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Jan 30 20:31:11 UTC 2019

Yo Achim!

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:44:31 +0100
Achim Gratz via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Hal Murray via devel writes:
> >> I'd suggest using a new keyword for that and leaving the existing
> >> ones behijnd for NTP w/o encryption.
> >
> > Then we'll need 2 new keywords.  We want NTS to work on pool sites
> > too.
>
> No, the client doesn't need to do anything special for pool servers

Hmm, I see how the NTS-KE can return 8 cookies, but I only see the
option for one NTPD server is "Record Type 6" in "4.1.7. NTPv4 Server
Negotiation."

Can the NTS-KE return multiple Record Type 6?  If so, must they
all use the same cookies?  Or would the NTS-KE send a cookie, then
its IP address.  The another cookie and a different IP address?

Or?

I see how with a Record Type 6 the NTP client can request a certain
NTPD, but is there a way to ask the NTS-KE to offer an NTPD that is
not one of a given IP?