First NTS code

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 29 10:17:00 UTC 2019

Eric said:
>> They are mostly binary blobs: cookies, keys, nonces, ...
>> It might be worth packaging blob and length into a struct.
> OK.  That's inside-NTS work - do as you like there. I need to concentrate
> elsewhere for a bit.

How about packaging the blob of bits with a 4 byte header: 2 bytes of length
and 2 bytes of tag/type/whatever?  The idea is to match NTP extensions and
similar.

We have to byte swap the header word.  I think the other stuff is a stream of
bytes and doesn't get swapped.  I think things like crypto code have to work
in byte swapped mode when do word operations on a little endian system.