lockclock runtime option

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Jan 21 18:21:58 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> I have converted ENABLE_LOCKCLOCK to a runtime option. Following a
> review suggestion, it is controlled by flag1 of the localclock driver.

With the condition bug out of the way, I have a more fundamental problem
with the "runtime" part of that patch.

In principle you can mobilize/demobilize associations and change their
flags at runtime (I haven't done that in a while so I don't know if it
still works the same as in classic).  So if I need to convince myself
that all the initializations are going to happen correctly when
lockclock is switched on and off, I really don't see how I'd go about
that.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: