ntpq change in behaviour

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Jan 20 19:10:54 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> Well, shit.  Achim, have you IDed an actual bug, or is that a guess based
> on the timing of the report?

No, I've updated two boxes yesterday and they've reported a loop
frequency of essentially (but not exactly) zero since.  Something is
still keeping the clock on track (kernel PLL?), but less accurate than
normal.  PLL state is randomly reported as synced and unsynced.
Reverted back to before the lockclock change and they are snapping back
to normal.

I have no teyeballed something that jumps out at me, but I notice that
lockclock is never actively initialized.  Since it's defined as a
static, I'm not sure the compiler puts that in for you.

Regards,
Achim.