First round of my stupid questions about NTS

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:11:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019, 9:36 AM Eric S. Raymond via devel <devel at ntpsec.org
wrote:

> Charlie requests a master key (and possibly initial cookies) daily
> from Delta. It may do so simply by looking in fixed file locations
> for the data.  Is there any plausible scenario in which Charlie and
> Delta must run on different hosts?

Not must, but I think that a charlie can be associated with multiple deltas
and a delta can have multiple charlies.

Might want to look into how the ratchets are seeded and a mechanism for
what time they rotate.

Note that I have not read the draft since r11 or so, so much of the
speculation may be wrong.