Trial fix for Achim's bug

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Wed Jan 16 19:22:38 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> After staring at the code and reading some documentation, I've pushed
> a fix for Achim's bug.  I'm not certain it's optimal, but I'm pretty
> sure that it fixes the pegged-interval problem and does no harm
> otherwise.
>
> The change comment describes both old states of the code and
> documents the problem.

As I said I've looked at that code some time ago and ended up at the
same location, but wasn't sure what to do about it.  Your change should
fix my problem, whether it has any side effects is hard to tell.

> If anyone has a better idea, I'm listening.  Achim, please test.

I've updated two boxes to the newest code.  So far so good.  Lest I have
any unforeseen trouble that requires intervention I'll leave the systems
alone for about a week for a start.

Regards,
Achim.