I think I've found Achim's bug

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 15 21:16:54 UTC 2019

Looks like the idea in the old code was to set the minpoll to the polling
interval from the KoD packet.

Looks like Daniel changed that to 10.  I'd guess that's a hack defense against
something worse from a forged packet.  10 seems safe for the server but not
nice to the client trying to keep accurate time.

KoD packets can be forged, so anything in this area is a DDoS opportunity.
But that processing is after some filtering, so the attack isn't wide open.

I vote changing it back, and checking that we log KoD packets.