prep for cutting a release, target 2019-01-13

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 15 20:47:42 UTC 2019

> The question still is why it gets a KOD at all (maybe once in a while the
> requests from the other clients line up in a way that causes a KOD to be
> sent, but with so few clients I don't really see the trigger).  The occurence
> is more rare since I've de-configured burst mode, but it still happens.

Other clients shouldn't matter.  The traffic statistics are maintained per IP
Address.  (A bunch of machines behind a NAT box will add up.)

I'd expect burst mode and a low minpoll to cause problems.  The idea is to
allow an average of 1 packet every 8 seconds with plenty of slop so iburst
will work.  I'd have to look at the code to see what's really going on.