lockclock

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Jan 12 12:50:07 UTC 2019

> esr at thyrsus.com said:
> > Not only is it possible, I wrote a patch to do it today.  Complete with
> > documentation changes.  I'll post it shortly - I want it carefully reviewed
> > and tested by others before we merge it, as it touched the loppfilter code.
>
> Are you planning to push it before or after the release?

I'm divided in my mind about that.

Normally I wouldn't push anything that risks breakage this close to a release.
But this fixes an actual problem with distro makers making ntpd break because
they defaulted every compile-time option on.

My current plan is to review it carefully one more time, then post it here for
you and Gary to review and test, then push it if you both pass it.

Expect that within a couple hours.  Gotta get fully wake and have breakfast
first.