prep for cutting a release, target 2019-01-13

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Thu Jan 10 20:26:12 UTC 2019

Hal Murray via devel writes:
>>> Was it #437?
>> As just written in another mail: the symptoms of that one are eerily similar,
>> but I'm not sure we arrive at that point via the same route.
>
> #437 is about DNS.

I'm talking about the involvement of hpoll and that the poll interval
gets stuck at hpoll=10 (1024s) with no way to recover (not counting a
restart).

> That one should be reasonable to fix.  The idea is simple, but finding the
> right place to do it will take some work.  Actually, I think we need to make
> that place and/or we should rearrange some code while we are in there.

I've tried (actually two times) to trace the changes around the code,
but unfortunately I didn't find anything conclusive.

> I probably won't do anything in time for this release.  I'd like more time for
> testing.

Fair enough.

Regards,
Achim.