[Git][NTPsec/ntpsec][master] 2 commits: More NTS requirements.

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Jan 6 20:05:38 UTC 2019

Yo Eric!

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 19:23:35 +0000
"Eric S. Raymond via vc" <vc at ntpsec.org> wrote:

>  C for client, S for server.

Incredibly easy to misunderstand.  There are 3 types of parties in
each transaaction: client, NTS-KE, and NTPD.  Can we use the standard
nomenclature instead of making up new ones?

Note I am not objecting to Alice and Charlie, but to NTS client, etc.

There is no simple "NTS client" and "NTS server".  There is an NTS-KE
that talks to both a client and to an NTPD server.  Two mutually
cooperating servers and one client.

As for Alice and Charlie, please pick previously unused first names.
Alice and Charlie are standard terms of cryptography, but are being used
differently here in a confusing way.