TLS Versions

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Thu Feb 7 08:00:54 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 10:31:39PM -0800, Hal Murray wrote:

> kurt at roeckx.be said:
> > Please use 0 instead of TLS_MAX_VERSION, it means the same. I've marked
> > TLS_MAX_VERSION for deprecation.
>
> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Is there any documentation on that?  (man page?)

There is SSL_CTX_set_max_proto_version(), which documents the 0
value:
  Setting the minimum or maximum version to 0, will enable
  protocol versions down to the lowest version, or up to the highest
  version supported by the library, respectively.

The current file in master looks like this:
# define TLS1_VERSION                    0x0301
# define TLS1_1_VERSION                  0x0302
# define TLS1_2_VERSION                  0x0303
# define TLS1_3_VERSION                  0x0304
# if !OPENSSL_API_3
#  define TLS_MAX_VERSION                TLS1_3_VERSION
# endif

Kurt