Going forward with NTS

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 6 23:52:44 UTC 2019

esr at thyrsus.com said:
>> That program would probably be handy for debugging so maybe we should write
>> it anyway.

> This sounds like you volunteering to write and test the code.

I added some ugly code to my hack client to generate a canned request, and
similar hackery in the server to print it out and echo it back, then added the
printout code to the client.

Then I pointed it at Martin's server.  That found a bug that would have taken
me a long time to track down.  The KE records aren't padded to word
boundaries.  After I deleted a few lines, it looks good.

We should definitely clean this up (aka total rewrite) when we get to the
polish stage.