Going forward with NTS

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Feb 5 21:48:11 UTC 2019

Eric:
> I plan to post a detailed analysis and task list later today.  I'm working on
> that now.

I have hack code that makes a TLS connection and verifies certificates.

If/when things calm down, I'll start folding it in.

ntpd/ntpd.c has a main() in it.

Is the plan to have NTS-KE-server packaged as a separate program?  Why not a separate thread in ntpd?  That seems like it would be simpler to admin for the common case.

More optional parameters:
  how many KE-server threads do we want?
  how long should a server thread wait for data?

There is the standard DoS attack problem on any system using TCP.  Is there a good writeup on that we can point to?