Should two-digit years be fatal to a refclock?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 4 21:58:07 UTC 2019

> My instinct in situations like this is to try to find a way to reduce the
> combinatorial complexity of the problem.  Which is why I'm attracted to
> disqualifying any time source that truncates years.

What's wrong with just adding 2000 to 2 digit years?  We are in the 2000s now
so we don't have to consider the 1900 case any more.  I'd be happy to
reconsider dropping support for 2-digit drivers in another 30 years.

There is another roll-over consideration we should add to the list.  That's
the GPS 1024 week tangle.

Where should that list live?
  2 digit years
  32 bit time_t