mintls, maxtls, enclair, and cipher.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Feb 3 13:53:22 UTC 2019

>                                                                         The "enclair"
> option is intended to disable crypto negotiation so certificates are not
> required and traffic in sent en clair.

Please verify with a TLS wizard that you can do what you are describing with
OpenSSL.  I've poked around a bit and don't know how to do that.

I think you get an error if client/server can't find a matching crypto
algorithm.  I don't know how to say no-crypto.  It sounds like the sort of
operational bug-attractor that you would like to stamp out.

It's easy to setup a junk self-signed certificate for the server.  We could
ship one to enable testing -- or waf could generate one on the fly.  I don't
know if the server can run without a certificate.  Seems like a reasonable
request, but a quick search found several questions without any answer.

It's easy for the client to not check the certificate.