ntpsnmpd testing notes

Jason Azze jason at azze.org
Fri Feb 1 16:28:30 UTC 2019

Mostly for Ian, who was trying to recall where he left off with ntpsnmpd.

I had a working ntpsnmpd instance running on a workstation which has, sadly, been consumed by entropy along with the rest of the assay I was using. However, I do recall that I had a Cacti instance collecting data from ntpsnmpd and drawing pretty graphs for me.

The configuration and setup documentation, IIRC, needed work (or, perhaps, to be written). And I was doing something crude to start the service (rc.local).

I had this in my /etc/rc.local because I was too lazy to write a systemd unit file.
/usr/local/bin/ntpsnmpd

Then I had a file, /etc/ntpsnmpd.conf that contained:

master-addr "/var/agentx/master"
ntp-addr "127.0.0.1"
logfile "/var/log/ntpsnmpd.log"
loglevel 8

Hope that helps the recollection process.

--
Jason Azze