git head broken on NetBSD 7.2 - weird

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 18:55:39 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:11 PM Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>
wrote:

> > Has anybody seen anything like this before?
> > Assuming "no", I'll try bisecting tomorrow.
>
> My attempt at bisecting hit a brick wall.  I backed up many months and it
> still fails.
>
> I guessed that something strange had happened to that system.  I setup a
> fresh
> version of 7.2 on a different box.  It also gets that error.
>
> A quick attempt at making a test case didn't fail.
>
> I'll put this on the back burner for a while.

I'm stubborn but leave it there the initial offending commit seems to
be your 08b53a4ab8b69f5506df419c01f6f05266ab1e8e from mid-February which
is buried deep in the NTS code. My Initial fat fingering pointed at the
three-line insertion where Eric added an external dependency on libaes_siv
and I said nope.

After dinking with it a little I ran across a possible cause. The OpenSSL
library might be too old 1.0.1u is listed as the OpenSSL program version
on my monomer reeking 7.3 test image. I ran a toy program I concocted
from misunderstanding the docs and I got a version which looks like
1.0.1o, at any rate, a quick search via nm|sed -n '/foo/p' found the four
problematic symbols not listed. Just as a minor exercise see if you can
improve on that later.

localhost# cat baz.c
#include <openssl/opensslv.h>
#include <openssl/crypto.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void main(void) {
       int version = SSLeay();
       printf("%s:\t0x%08x\n", SSLeay_version(version), version);
}
localhost# ./baz
not available:  0x1000115f
localhost#