Point release of NTPSec

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 23 21:00:44 UTC 2019

>> Is there time to add an IPv4 only initialization option for NTS?
> Options are bad, in general. Explain why you want this>

(I was going to poke you on this.)

There is a bug waiting for your comment - #666.  Looks like you found it.

> I hate options.  They add complexity and proliferate test path. The codebase
> has quite enough of them already.

> I'm going to go with "We can change the current code to give a warning but
> not crash."

Should be easy to fix.  If nobody else gets to it, I will, but that may not
happen as soon as you might like.

Note that in this case, an option might be easier to test.  To test the
warning path we have to setup a no-IPv6 box.