Point release of NTPSec

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:06:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 12:41 PM Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> James Browning via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>:
> > AFAICT issues 599 and 566 still affect FreeBSD.
>
> Not urgent, IMO.  In particular, I'm now fweeking more pressure to get
> the NTS fix out.

Then they can wait. Sanjeev pointed out that there are lots of counting
numbers. Although it might not be next week, that is probably too soon.

> > There is a stub in devel/README mentioning devel/tidy which never made it
> > into the tree.
>
> Oops.  Just fixed.
>
> > Is there time to add an IPv4 only initialization option for NTS?
>
> Options are bad, in general. Explain why you want this>

Issue 606 explains it but short version: not everyone has or wants IPv6 and
currently IPv6 is required for working NTS. and I should have said config
file option but I am not great with the communicating.