✘NTS and ALPN

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Aug 20 19:01:42 UTC 2019

Gary E. Miller via devel writes:
>> That is making things work for now where there's only one single thing
>> to negotiate, but it will break later on.  I've posted what I believe
>> is the correct patch quite some time ago.
>
> What would break?  How?

The callback is supposed to traverse two lists (one from the foreign
party and an internal one) of possible protocols.  Dan's patch removed
collapsed the internal list to a single element that is already stripped
of its length byte, so it doesn't conform to the ALPN data structure
description anymore.  Consequently it also omits any code to traverse
the internal list, both of which will come back to bite you when you do
need to support the second protocol.

The previous changes introduced by Hal also check for things that the
API clearly state need not be checked (there is explicit guidance that
the callback we implement can assume the syntactic structure of the
input data is correct).

> Can you resend the patch?

https://lists.ntpsec.org/pipermail/devel/2019-July/008508.html

Regards,