Driver strategy - we need to decide among incompatible goals

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Aug 16 19:40:22 UTC 2019

Yo Achim!

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 21:35:56 +0200
Achim Gratz via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller via devel writes:
> >> The GT8736 is the same, just with the next-generation chipset and
> >> fully active
> >
> > Got a source for those?  I can't find one for sale.
>
> I posted the link yesterday.

Yes.  Out of stock today.

> > Also, the specs do not look better than fair, and their protocol is
> > undocumented.
>
> Another one of your opinions or do you care to say what you are
> talking about?

Not an opinion, a fact: I can not find any doc from Furuno on their
version of Oncore.  They must have extended the protocol to support
GLONASS, etc.  So old doc is not helpful.

If you can show us some doc, then maybe gpsd can support it.

Maybe the part's basic NMEA support is good eenough, but no way to tell
with no doc.  You have a link to doc on the @@ commands?