Stanford talk: Jupyter Notebooks, Fernando Perez and Guido van Rossum

Mark Atwood, Project Manager mark.atwood at ntpsec.org
Thu Aug 15 03:54:26 UTC 2019

Jupyter is pretty cool.  My dayjob recently hired one of the lead
contributors, and Jupyter use is spreading across the company,
especially by the data scientists and the econometrics people.

It's basically matlab with Python.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 3:41 AM Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Mark's comment about lots of data reminded me that I meant to send this a
> month ago.  I guess it fell through the cracks.
>
> Most of the talk is about open systems, not much about Jupyter itself.
> Nothing NTP related.  The first 30 minutes is Guido then Fernando describing
> history and culture.  The last 40 minutes is Q&A with crappy audio pickup of
> the questions.
>
> Anybody know anything about Jupyter Notebooks?  Can we use it to visualize NTP
> data?
>
> ----------
>
> Jupyter Notebooks and Academic Publication
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWlJFy3Waro
>
> Fernando Perez and Guido van Rossum
>
> https://ee.stanford.edu/event/seminar/ee380-computer-systems-colloquium-jupyter
> -notebooks-and-academic-publication
>
> -----------
>
> Berkeley now has a major in Data Science.  Fernando has a good talk:
>
> When Jupyter Becomes Pervasive at a University?
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd6a3JIFH0s
> 15 minutes.
>
> The entry level undergraduate class is 1200 students each semester!
>
> An interesting problem.  Undergraduates now know more about this area than some faculty or PIs.
>

> --
> These are my opinions.  I hate spam.

Mark Atwood <mark.atwood at ntpsec.org>
Project Manager, https://NTPsec.org